After flashing TWRP Recovery on Moto G4 Plus Android Nougat, you can install custom ROMs, flash a custom kernel, take nandroid backup, install rooted apps and flash supersu to Root Moto G4 Plus on Nougat. Installing a custom recovery on Moto G4 Plus will wipe the stock recovery and replace it with a new one. Follow below steps to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Moto G4 Plus on Nougat.
To Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Moto G4 Plus all you need are ADB and fastboot driver, TWRP, and SuperSu file. All you have to do is place few simple fastboot commands on the command line. You can check below steps to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Moto G4 Plus.
Before You Begin
- This method is only for Moto G4 Plus. Don’t try this on any other device.
- A device with unlocked bootloader is required.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise, you may brick your device. We Guidegeekz.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- Charge your device to60- 70% to prevent it for the accidental shutdown.
- Take a complete backup of everything important.
Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Moto G4 Plus
1) Download Phh’s supersu from above and save it on your PC.
2) Now open the zip file and open config.txt.
3) Now replace the below code with default one.
Default one is –
eng verity crypt
Replace the above one with this one –
eng noverity nocrypt
4) Now save the file and copy it on your device.
Install TWRP on Moto G4 Plus on Nougat
1) First Enable USB debugging and OEM Unlock option to install TWRP recovery on Moto G4 Plus. For that –
- Go to Settings> About Device.
- Scroll down and tap on Build number 7 times.
- Developer mode has been enabled on your device.
- Now find USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking and Enable it.
2) Connect your Moto G5 Plus to PC and open command window on the PC by –
- Go to Minimal ADB and fastboot folder.
- Press and hold ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in the folder.
- Now click on Open command window here.
3) Now check if your device connected correctly or not by passing below command. If it gives you output serial, then it’s connected otherwise check your device driver.
4) Now Boot Moto G4 Plus into bootloader mode by pressing Volume down + Power button or by using the following command –
adb reboot bootloader
5) Now place the TWRP recovery on adb folder and rename it to recovery.img.
6) Enter the following command to install TWRP on Moto G4 Plus –
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
7) Done! It will flash latest TWRP recovery on Moto G4 Plus.
Root Moto G4 Plus on Android Nougat
1) Now Boot your device into TWRP.
2) Click on Install and select superuser.zip.
3) Done! reboot your device.
4) Above step will Root Moto G4 Plus on Nougat.
5) Install Superuser app from Play Store to Enjoy your root.
This is the easiest way to Root and Install TWRP on Moto G4 Plus on Android Nougat. If you have any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section.