Today we discuss How to Install TWRP Recovery using SP Flash Tool. SP Flash Tool also known as Smart Phone Flash Tool is a cross-platform application is used for flashing Stock ROM, Custom recovery, and fixing the hard brick device. It’s a user-friendly tool designed for Flash Custom Recovery on MediaTek devices like Coolpad, Micromax, Gionee, Tecno, Infinix, BML, etc. If you ever want to Flash TWRP Recovery on Mediatek device then check How to Install TWRP Recovery using SP Flash Tool from below.
SP Flash Tool has the same functionality as ODIN for Samsung, but this one is used on Mediatek devices. SP Flash Tool allows you to flash Custom Recovery on MediaTek Smartphone and Tablets Only. It doesn’t support devices having chipsets other than MediaTek. Check How to Install Custom Recovery using SP Flash Tool from below.
SP Flash Tool not only install stock ROM but also install Custom recoveries on MediaTek device. If you ever wanted to root your MediaTek Device, then you can easily Flash TWRP Recovery via SP Flash Tool and Root your root your device. Follow below steps to How to Install TWRP Recovery using SP Flash Tool.
- Download the correct Custom recovery for your device.
- Download Latest SP Flash Tool
- MediaTek VCom USB drivers should be installed on your Computer
- Original USB cable and working PC.
- MediaTek based device
How to Install TWRP Recovery using SP Flash Tool
1) Download the latest SP Flash Tool from above and extract it on your PC.
2) Download the correct Recovery for your device which you want to flash.
3) Now open flash_tool.exe as an administrator.
4) Click on the Download Tab the click on the scatter-loading button.
5) Now select the Scatter-loading file (It should be in Stock ROM Folder with file extension ‘.txt‘)
6) Click on the Download button and make sure only Recovery option is checked.
7) Now turn off your device and connect it to your PC via USB Cable with your phone with the battery in it.
8) Press Volume Down or Volume Up key, so that your PC detect your Device.
9) Once the Firmware Flashing process completes, a Green Ring will appear.
10) Done. Now disconnect your device and reboot your device.
This is the complete guide to Install TWRP Recovery using SP Flash Tool. Once you flashed TWRP recovery, you can easily Root your device by flashing SuperSu. If you have any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section.