Here we discuss How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Lg Stylo 2 Plus. Many Android users preferred rooted device as you will gain full access and control of the Android system that runs on your device. After rooting, you can remove the bloatware/Pre-installed system apps, install apps that need root permission, improve the battery life, and various tweaks and customizations. If you are an LG Stylo 2 Plus user and looking for rooting guide, then follow our step-by-step guide to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Lg Stylo 2 Plus.
After flashing TWRP Recovery on Lg Stylo 2 Plus, you can install custom ROMs, flash a custom kernel, take nandroid backup, install rooted apps and flash supersu to Root Lg Stylo 2 Plus. Installing a custom recovery on Lg Stylo 2 Plus will wipe the stock recovery and replace it with a new one. Follow below steps to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Lg Stylo 2 Plus.
To Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Lg Stylo 2 Plus all you need is a device with an unlocked bootloader, ADB and fastboot driver, TWRP, and SuperSu file. All you have to do is place few simple fastboot commands on the command line. You can check below steps to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Lg Stylo 2 Plus.
Before You Begin
- This method is only for Lg Stylo 2 Plus. Don’t try this on any other device.
- A device with an unlocked bootloader is required. (check – how to unlock the bootloader of LG Stylo 2 Plus)
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise, you may brick your device. We Guidegeekz.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- Charge your device to60- 70% to prevent it for the unexpected shutdown.
- Take a complete backup of everything important.
- ADB and Fastboot Drivers
- TWRP for Lg Stylo 2 Plus
- dm-verity and force encryption disabler.
- SuperSu to Root Lg Stylo 2 Plus
ROOT AND INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON Lg Stylo 2 Plus
INSTALL TWRP ON Lg Stylo 2 Plus
1) First Enable USB debugging and OEM Unlock option to install TWRP recovery on Lg Stylo 2 Plus. For that –
- Go to Settings> About Device.
- Scroll down and tap on Build number 7 times.
- Developer mode has been enabled on your device.
- Now find USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking and Enable it.
2) Connect your Lg Stylo 2 Plus to PC and open command window on the PC by –
- Go to Minimal ADB and fastboot folder.
- Press and hold ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in the folder.
- Now click on Open command window here.
3) Now check if your device connected correctly or not by passing below command. If it gives you output serial, then it’s connected otherwise check your device driver.
4) Now Boot Lg Stylo 2 Plus into bootloader mode by pressing Volume down + Power button or by using the following command –
adb reboot bootloader
5) Now place the TWRP recovery on adb folder and rename it to recovery.img.
6) Enter the following command to install TWRP on Lg Stylo 2 Plus –
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
7) Done! It will flash latest TWRP recovery on Lg Stylo 2 Plus.
8) After flashing TWRP On your phone, unplug the USB cable and power it off by taking out the battery and putting it back in. (Follow the below steps right after this step)
DISABLE FORCED ENCRYPTION & ROOT Lg Stylo 2 Plus
1) Now Boot your device into TWRP by –
- Hold Volume Down + Power until you see the LG logo
- Temporarily release the POWER button, immediately pressing and holding it back down until you see the prompt white screen without leaving Vol down button.
- Use the hard keys to select “YES” and then “YES” again to boot into TWRP on LG Stylo 2 Plus.
2) In TWRP, go to Wipe > Format Data. This will wipe the automatically encrypted filesystem, and decrypt it.
3) Now reboot back into recovery by Go to Reboot > Recovery.
4) Connect your phone to the PC and Enable MTP under the Mount section in TWRP and move Dm-variety disabler and Supersu from above and save it on your device.
5) In TWRP, Tap on Install and select ‘no-verity-opt-encrypt-2.1.zip’. Now flash the file by ‘Swipe to confirm Flash’ button on the bottom of the screen.
6) Repeat the same process as in step 5 to flash SuperSu to Root LG Stylo 2 Plus.
3) Done! reboot your device.
4) Above step will Root Lg Stylo 2 Plus.
5) Done! Enjoy your root.
This is the easiest way to Root and Install TWRP on Lg Stylo 2 Plus. If you have any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section.