Isn’t it cool if you can unlock your Windows PC using your Android fingerprint scanner? If you have an Android phone with a fingerprint scanner then you can use it to unlock Windows PC or Laptop. Some laptops come with a fingerprint scanner but most do not. One way to get the ability to buy a fingerprint scanner and connect it to your PC or you can Unlock Windows PC With Android Fingerprint Scanner.
Samsung already has an app Samsung Flow which unlock Windows PC with your Galaxy phone’s fingerprint scanner. But for OEMs other than Samsung there is still a way to Unlock Windows PC With a Fingerprint Scanner on Android. You will need third-party apps to connect your phone and Windows PC.
Thanks to the XDA’s user Andrew-X, which create an app called Remote fingerprint which helps you to unlock Windows PC with a fingerprint scanner on your Android phone. All you need to do is download the Remote Fingerprint Unlock app and install the Windows Fingerprint Credential Module on your PC. Below we share How to setup Remote Fingerprint Unlock and How to install Windows Fingerprint Credential Module on pc to Unlock Windows PC With Android Fingerprint Scanner.
How To Unlock Windows PC With Android Fingerprint Scanner
This guide is divided into three parts. First, we share the required files, then a way to install the essential module on Windows, and then how to configure Remote Fingerprint Scanner on Android phone. Follow below steps to Unlock Windows PC with your Android fingerprint scanner.
- Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 PCs
- Android device with a fingerprint scanner (running on Android 6.0+)
- Remote Fingerprint Unlock App – Download
- Windows Fingerprint Credential Module – Download
How to setup Windows Fingerprint Credential Module
Windows Credential Module has both 32-bit and 64-bit versions, so choose the appropriate version and download. Extract the zip file and run the finger_unlock.exe file for your version of Windows.
- Download and Install Windows Fingerprint Credential Module.
- If it ask you to grant an exception in the firewall, Grant it. That would allow the module to receive the data packet.
- If you are on Windows 7 or 8, it will ask you to install a small update to run the Windows 10 sdk. Update it and proceed.
- Module will install after that.
How to setup Remote Fingerprint Unlock
Setting up Remote Fingerprint Unlock app is fairly simple. All you need to do is download the Remote Fingerprint app to setup the process.
- Download and install Remote Fingerprint Unlock on your phone.
- Open the app and go to the Scan section.
- Start the Scan operation and let it find your Windows PC.
- Your PC will show up. Tap on the PC name to set up.
- After adding the PC, go to the Accounts section.
- Tap on Add Account. Enter the username and password of the account you want to remotely unlock.
- You can add multiple credentials and multiple computers to the app.
- After you add the account you want to unlock, select it by tapping on the account name.
How to Unlock Windows PC With a Fingerprint Scanner on your Android phone.
- Lock your computer by pressing Win + L. You’ll see a new account on the bottom left named Fingerprint Unlock.
- If it says the module is active, then you are able to proceed.
- Open Remote Fingerprint Unlock and go to the Unlock section
- Scan your fingerprint.
- It will unlock your PC
This is the easiest and fastest way to Unlock Windows PC with Android Fingerprint scanner. All you need a small windows centric module and an app which can easily be setup. Let me know if you have any queries about the post.
Screenshots and Credit – XDA