WhatsApp automatically saves the voice messages you send or the ones you receive. These voice messages occupy a significant space in your phone storage and periodic cleaning of all these voice messages is very important. Check out How to Find and Delete WhatsApp Voice Messages in 2022.
WhatsApp voice messages are stored in a specific folder on your phone storage memory. With the recent update, WhatsApp changed the directory where the messages and media are saved. It’s very important to follow the below steps to find the location of WhatsApp voice messages.
How to Find and Delete WhatsApp Voice Messages in 2022
There is more than one way to delete voice messages on WhatsApp. The first one is to delete the voice message from the WhatsApp chat itself or you can delete the folder that contains messages from the file manager. Check how to delete WhatsApp audio messages on Android.
Method 1: Delete Voice messages on WhatsApp
The chat is the first place you should go if you want to find the WhatApp audio you want to delete. After finding the chat, long-press on the audio and look for the trash icon to delete it.
- Open WhatsApp.
- Open chat and find the voice message you want to delete.
- Long-press on the audio and look for the trash icon at the top.
- You can only see the Delete for me or delete for everyone option depending on the time.
- Use any of the options to delete voice messages from WhatsApp.
Method 2: Find WhatsApp Voice messages and delete it
Sometimes above method only deletes the media from WhatsApp but not from the phone storage. These voice messages are stored in your phone storage. Check how to find WhatsApp Voice messages and delete them.
- Install Files by Google and open it.
- Scroll down and click on the Audio option.
- Swipe left on the tabs and click on the WhatsApp Audio tab.
- You will see a list of your audios.
- Click on the three-dot in front of the audio and select Move to Trash.
Wrapping Up: Erase Your WhatsApp Audio Files
This is the best way to find and delete WhatsApp voice messages in 2022. To optimize the performance of the app and the mobile device as a whole, you should erase audio and voice notes from your smartphone on a regular basis.