Nowadays your contacts can easily be managed by Google in Gmail. In most of the Android device, contacts are automatically saved to Google/Gmail and can be accessed from anywhere. But what if you decide to change your Google account you use on your Android device. There is no way to automatically sync contacts between two different Google accounts. But there is an easy way to Transfer Contacts from One Gmail Account to Another.
Whether you create a new Gmail account or simply need your contact list for any purpose, you can use import/export option to Transfer Your Contacts Between Gmail Accounts. Taking backup and transferring the contacts usually doesn’t take more than a few minutes, you can follow the below steps to check How to Transfer Contacts from One Gmail Account to Another.
How to Transfer Contacts from One Gmail Account to Another
You can transfer Gmail contacts from one account to another via PC or from an Android device. This is a two-step process, the first one is export your contact list from old Gmail account and the second one is importing that list in the new Gmail account.
Transfer Gmail Contacts from One Account to Another using PC
- First, navigate to https://contacts.google.com/ and Log in to your account.
- Click on the More button and tap on Export.
- Now select all the contacts you would like to export, choose Google CSV format and click on the Export button
- A new contacts.csv file will be downloaded.
- Now, Logout from your account and Log in with other Gmail account where you want the contacts.
- Click on the More button and choose Import.
- Select the csv file and click on Import.
- All your contacts will be available in the new account.
Transfer Contacts Between Google Accounts in Android device
- Open the Contacts app on your Android device.
- Tap Menu and click on Settings.
- Now scroll down and click on Import/Export.
- Tap Export to .vcf file to export the contacts.
- To import contacts to new Gmail account, Open contact app Menu –>Settings –>Import.
- Click on Import from .vcf file.
- Choose the account where you’d like to save the contacts.
- Find and select the VCF file to import.
Either want to take a backup or switch accounts, always take a backup of your contacts with you so you can easily access them from anywhere. No matter which Gmail account you use, you can Transfer Contacts from One Gmail Account to Another easily.