WhatsApp is a viral instant messaging app that we all use in our daily life to connect with our friends, relatives, and colleagues. We can start personal chatting and create groups to discuss with many peoples at a time. But sometimes, useless WhatsApp group notifications become a distraction for you. However, you can mute notifications, but sometimes it’s annoying when you mute a group, but you still receive notifications when someone mentions you. With the recent update, you can now Mute Mention Notifications on WhatsApp.
When you mention someone in a WhatsApp group, a notification will be sent to that contact, indicating that they were mentioned. This mention feature will override any mute settings that you or the person you mention have set up for that group. But with the new WhatsApp feature, you can even mute mention WhatsApp notifications of both group messages and individual conversations.
WabBetaInfo mentioned, “WhatsApp is enabling 4 features today! Always Mute, to mute chats forever. No Calls for Verified Businesses. Media Guidelines. New Storage Usage UI and tools.”
How to Mute Mention Notifications on WhatsApp
To mute mentioned WhatsApp notifications, you need to update the app to the latest version, 220.127.116.11 or above. After updating the app, you can enable the feature from the settings. Check how to Mute Mention Notifications on WhatsApp from below.
- Open WhatsApp and Select the WhatsApp group.
- Tap on the group name and scroll down to the member’s list.
- Now tap on the persons’ name who often mentions you.
- Select the Message option to open that particular person’s chat window.
- Tap on the persons’ name, scroll down and enable the Mute notification option to block notifications from that person both on personal and group chats.
- Still, to make it fully work, you have to mute everyone in the group individually.
If you aim to fully mute WhatsApp groups mentioned notification, then this trick will help you. The above hack will mute mention notification on WhatsApp for both individuals and groups.