Here we discuss How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Doogee Y6. Many Doogee Y6 users are looking for a method to root Doogee Y6 and install TWRP recovery on it. TWRP Recovery helps you to Install a Custom ROM, or kernel on your device. Those who bought Doogee Y6 and looking for a root method can follow our step-by-step guide to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Doogee Y6.
After flashing TWRP Recovery on Doogee Y6, you can install custom ROMs, flash a custom kernel, take nandroid backup, install rooted apps and flash supersu to root Doogee Y6. Installing a custom recovery on Doogee Y6 will wipe the stock recovery and replace it with a new one. Follow below steps to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Doogee Y6.
To Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Doogee Y6 all you need is SP Flash Tool, Scatter file, and Recovery file. All you have to do is place the scatter file and recovery file on Sp Flash Tool folder and flash it. You can check below steps to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Doogee Y6.
Before You Begin
- This method is only for Doogee Y6. Don’t try this on any other device.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise, you may brick your device. We Guidegeekz.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- Charge your device to60- 70% to prevent it for the accidental shutdown.
- Take a complete backup of everything important.
HOW TO ROOT AND INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON Doogee Y6
Flash TWRP Recovery on Doogee Y6
1) Download the latest SP Flash Tool from above and extract it on your PC.
2) Download TWRP Recovery (rename it to recovery.img) and save it on Sp flash Tool folder.
3) Now open flash_tool.exe as an administrator.
4) Click on the Download Tab the click on the scatter-loading button.
5) Now select the Scatter-loading file (You can find it in TWRP zip folder)
6) Click on the Download button and make sure only Recovery option is checked.
7) Now turn off your device and connect it to your PC via USB Cable with your phone with the battery in it.
8) Press Volume Down or Volume Up key, so that your PC detect your Device.
9) Once the Firmware Flashing process completes, a Green Ring will appear.
10) Done. Now disconnect your device and Press Volume up and Power button till recovery comes on the screen. (This is important don’t reboot your device directly)
Root Doogee Y6
1) First, boot your device into TWRP Recovery by pressing Volume up + Power button simultaneously.
2) Now click on Install button and select supersu to root Doogee Y6.
3) Swipe to flash supersu.
4) Done! You successfully Root Doogee Y6.
This is the complete guide to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Doogee Y6. If you have any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section.