Marshmallow Update for Xperia C5 Ultra is starts rolling out in India and Italy. The update is rolling out via OTA and soon will receive via official updater app. But if you don’t want to wait, you can manually download the zip file to manually Update Xperia C5 Ultra to Marshmallow. The company announced the Marshmallow update for Xperia C5 Ultra and Xperia C5 Ultra Dual with improved battery and camera enhancement. Follow below guide to Update Xperia C5 Ultra to Marshmallow manually.
Xperia C5 Ultra Marshmallow Update is rolling out via OTA which upgrades the device from Android Lollipop to Marshmallow. To Update Xperia C5 Ultra to Marshmallow, your device should be running on Android Lollipop. The Xperia C5 Ultra update zip size is 1.3GB, and you need at least 2GB free space on your phone before Updating Xperia C5 Ultra to Marshmallow. Download Xperia C5 Ultra Marshmallow Update file from below
Also Check – How to Root & Install TWRP on Galaxy Note 7
The new Marshmallow Update for Xperia C5 Ultra enhance privacy setting, improve camera interface, and comes with many improvements. The update will be soon available for your device. But If you haven’t received the update and wanted to install manually, then follow our guide on How to Update Xperia C5 Ultra to Android 6.0 Marshmallow Manually.
Before You Begin
- This method is only for Xperia C5 Ultra and C5 Ultra. Don’t try this on any other device.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise, you may brick your device. We Guidegeekz.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- Charge your device to 60- 70% to prevent it for the accidental shutdown.
- Take a complete backup of everything important.
DOWNLOAD MARSHMALLOW Firmware FOR Xperia C5 Ultra
Download FTF Marshmallow firmware for Xperia C5 Ultra
- Xperia C5 Ultra (E5553) 29.2.A.0.122 Australia Generic
- Xperia C5 Ultra (E5506) 29.2.A.0.122 Latin America Generic
Download FTF Marshmallow firmware for Xperia C5 Ultra Dual
- Xperia C5 Ultra Dual (E5533) 29.2.B.0.122 Italy Generic
- Xperia C5 Ultra Dual (E5563) 29.2.B.0.122 India Generic
How to Update Xperia C5 Ultra to Marshmallow
- First, Enable USB debugging option from setting. For that –
- Go to Settings> About Device.
- Scroll down and tap on Build number 7 times.
- Developer mode has been enabled on your device.
- Now find USB Debugging and Enable it.
2) Download FlashTool and install its drivers by-
- Go to Flashtool>Drivers>Flashtool-drivers.exe
- Install all Flashtool, Fastboot & Xperia drivers.
3) Download Marshmallow FTF File for Xperia C5 Ultra and C5 Ultra dual and save it on Flashtool>Firmwares folder.
4) Now run Flashtool.exe
5) Click on Flash device->Flashmode and Select FTF firmware file.
6) Check on Wipe cache, data, APPS_LOG and USERDATA to perform a clean install or click on upgrade and do not check any options for a simple upgrade without wiping anything.
7) Select Flash and follow the instructions. If it asks to use a script, select No.
8) After the firmware is loaded, connect your device to PC / attach the phone by –
- Turn off the phone and keep Volume Down key pressed
- Plug in the data cable.
9) Firmware will start flashing after it detects in Flashmode, Don’t leave the Volume Down key until the process is complete.
10) Once the installation completes, leave Volume Down key and reboot your phone normally.
11) Done. Your device is now running on the latest Android Marshmallow firmware.
This is the complete guide to Update Xperia C5 Ultra to Marshmallow manually.If you have any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section.