Samsung revealed its new line of Galaxy S10 phones which features a Dynamic AMOLED infinity-O display. The device getting lots of praise but there are mixed reactions towards the camera cutout in the S10 series. Some users find it better than the notch, but not everyone agrees. This controversial cutout brings some innovative ways of hiding the cutout and now the developers Turn Galaxy S10 Camera Cutout into a Battery Indicator.
Till now, Galaxy S10 users have the option to disable/Hide the camera cutout just like the notch but that end up with an ugly artificial upper bezel. Also, users find the way to hide camera cutout with some unique wallpapers designed for Galaxy S10 series. In order to make that cutout more useful, there’s an app that turns Galaxy S10 Display Cutout into a circular battery meter.
Energy Ring app currently optimized for the Galaxy S10 and the Galaxy 10e only and brings lots of options such as ring direction, color, thickness, charging animations and different colors for each 25 percent increment. There’s also an option to auto-hide the battery indicator in the full-screen app. Check How to Turn Galaxy S10 Camera Cutout into a Battery Indicator from below.
Energy Ring App Features:
- Energy Ring can be configured from a width of 1 pixel to a donut thick ring
- Energy Ring puts almost 0% load on CPU, as it wakes up only to reflect any change in battery level
- Energy Ring’s direction can be configured as clockwise/bidirectional/anti-clockwise
- Energy Ring can hide on fullscreen content (apps, videos, images, games etc)
- Energy Ring can be configured to change colors automatically depending on the live battery level
- Energy Ring could have a mono color/multiple color segments/gradient (pro)
- You can literally assign any color in the world for your favorite configuration
- Energy Ring has a number of cool animations whenever a power source is plugged into your device
How to Turn Galaxy S10 Display Cutout into a Battery Indicator
The Energy Ring app is available for free to download from the Play Store but also features in-app purchases that unlock different customizations. The app needs notification access in order for it to work. However, the app doesn’t read your notifications and doesn’t access anything on the phone. Check how to turn Galaxy S10 display cutout into a battery indicator.
- Download Energy Ring App and Install it on your device.
- Once installed, launch the app
- Follow on-screen instructions.
- Give the desired permissions.
- Now customize the ring with various options.
If you are a Galaxy S10 user, then Energy Ring is a must-have app for you. The app brings awesome ring around your display cutout and Turn Galaxy S10 Camera Cutout into a Battery Indicator.