WhatsApp has reduced the limit of Status video from 30 seconds to 15 seconds in India to ease internet stress during the coronavirus lockdown. Now any video you set more than 15 seconds will be trimmed automatically and you see this message “Videos sent to My Status will be trimmed to the first 15 seconds,”. But there is still a way to Set Long Videos as WhatsApp Status during the lockdown.
WABetaInfo tweeted that “You can no longer send videos to WhatsApp Status if they are longer than 16 seconds: only videos having a duration of 15 seconds will be allowed. This is happening in India and it’s probably an initiative to reduce the traffic on the server infrastructures,”.
Recently many other over-the-top (OTT) content providers like Hotstar, Netflix, Amazon, and Youtube decided to lower the streaming quality to avoid internet congestion. After this length limit, it is a bit hard to share long videos as WhatsApp Status but with third-party apps like WhatsCut, you can easily set more than 15 second video on WhatsApp Status.
How to Set Long Videos as WhatsApp Status
If you want to Set more than 15 seconds Videos as WhatsApp Status then you need to download WhatsCut Android app. This app will trim videos and cut them into small parts so you can set those cuts on WhatsApp status one by one to share the complete video. Here are the steps to Set Long Videos as WhatsApp Status.
- Download WhatsCut app from Playstore and install it on your device – Download
- Now open the app and to split video, click on ‘ Video Splitter for Whatsapp Status.‘
- Select the video which you want to share as Whatsapp status.
- Choose the time range of the video.
- Click on the ‘Trim and Share on Whatsapp‘ button.
- That’s it, the app will trim/split the video into different parts and will let you to share the selected video on Whatsapp as Status.
We tried the WhatsCut app and it works really well. We are able to set around 2 min video as WhatsApp status with this app. You can also try WhatSaga or Video Splitter for WhatsApp Status apps to Set Long Videos as WhatsApp Status. Both of these apps are equally good and both of them are also able to set more than 15 seconds video as WhatsApp status.