WhatsApp, the world’s most popular messaging app, is constantly adding new features. The most recent addition is the disappearing photos and videos feature. With this feature, the attached images or videos will disappear after being viewed. Also, Users will not be able to forward or save disappearing photos to other contacts or their phone’s gallery. Check How to Send Disappearing Photos and Videos in WhatsApp.
WhatsApp already has a feature called “disappearing messages,” which allows users to send text messages that will disappear after seven days. And now with the latest update, you will be able to send the self-destructing media on WhatsApp.
The new feature is available in both personal and group chats. This option gives you better privacy in WhatsApp because your photo and video will disappear when the recipient opens the WhatsApp chat. You won’t be able to save disappearing photos. However, you can always take a screenshot. Follow the below steps to Send Disappearing Photos and Videos in WhatsApp.
How to Send Disappearing Photos and Videos in WhatsApp
To use this feature, you should be on WhatsApp beta (v220.127.116.11). After updating, a ‘circled 1’ button appears next to add a caption bar. Once clicked on that, you can Send Photos, Videos on WhatsApp That Can Be Opened and Viewed Only Once.
- Open WhatsApp (Make sure you should be on WhatsApp version v18.104.22.168 or higher)
- Open the WhatsApp chat in which you want to send disappearing photos and videos.
- Add the media file by tapping on the attachment button.
- Tap on the View Once (circled 1) button.
- The icon will turn green, which means you have set your photo and video to delete automatically.
- Now, when you send the media to someone, it can only be viewed once, and you will also be informed that the recipient has opened the media.
Wrapping Up: Send Disappearing Photos in WhatsApp
WhatsApp view once feature is currently available for WhatsApp Beta users only. You can either join the WhatsApp beta to get this feature or wait for the new update.