Here we discuss How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy J2. Many Galaxy J2 users are already looking for a method to root Galaxy J2 and install TWRP recovery on it. TWRP Recovery helps you to Install a Custom ROM or kernel on your device. To install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy J2, first, you need Unlocked Bootloader of Samsung Galaxy J2. Those who bought Galaxy J2 and looking for a root method can follow our step-by-step guide to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy J2.
After flashing TWRP Recovery on Galaxy J2, you can install custom ROMs, flash a custom kernel, take a nandroid backup, install rooted apps and flash supersu to root Samsung Galaxy J2. Installing a custom recovery on Samsung Galaxy J2 will wipe the stock recovery and replace it with a new one. Follow below steps to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy J2.
To Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy J2, you need TWRP Recovery file, Odin, and SuperSu. All you have to do is place the recovery file on Odin Tool and flash it. The device is a powerful phone with top-notch specs and the device is good enough root and installs custom ROM in it. So Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy J2 to explore the power of your device.
Before You Begin
- This method is only for Samsung Galaxy J2 (SM-J200 ). Don’t try this on any other device.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise, you may brick your device. We Guidegeekz.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- Charge your device to 60- 70% to prevent it for the accidental shutdown.
- Take a complete backup of everything important.
- Download Odin for Samsung Galaxy J2 – Download
- TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy J2 (SM-J200) – Download
- Download SuperSu to Root Samsung Galaxy J2 – Download
HOW TO ROOT AND INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON SAMSUNG GALAXY J2
Flash TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy J2
1) First, Enable USB debugging and OEM Unlock option to Unlocked Bootloader of Galaxy J2. For that –
- Go to Settings> About Device.
- Scroll down and tap on Build number 7 times.
- Developer mode has been enabled on your device.
- Now find USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking and Enable it.
2) Download TWRP Recovery for Galaxy J2 and save it on your device.
3) Now Download the Odin from above and extract the zip file.
4) Run the Odin file on your PC.
5) Connect your device via data cable to your PC and reboot it into Download/Odin mode.
6) To enter Samsung Galaxy J2 into download mode –
- Turn off your phone.
- Press and hold the Home + Volume Down + Power buttons.
- You see the warning screen, Press Volume Up to continue.
7) In Download mode, ID: COM port turned blue and added message appears in Odin message box if your device is recognized by Odin.
8) If ID: COM doesn’t turn blue means the device driver is not correctly installed or USB cable may be faulty.
9) Now click on AP/PDA tab and select the TWRP file .tar.
10) Make sure that only F.Reset Time is enabled. (disable Auto-Reboot).
11) Click on Start button to start the flashing process. Wait until you see the Pass message on your Odin screen.
12) Done! Now boot directly into TWRP mode by Hold Volume Down + Home + Power to get out of Download mode and immediately swap to Volume Up when the screen blanks.
Root Samsung Galaxy J2 (SM-J200)
1) You are in TWRP mode now follow below steps to Root Galaxy J2.
2) At first boot, it will ask you if you want to allow system modifications, swipe right and enable modifications.
3) Now download SuperSu from above and transfer it to your device via MTP without leaving TWRP.
6) Now click on Install button and select SuperSu to Root Samsung Galaxy J2.
3) Swipe to flash supersu.
4) Done Reboot! You successfully Root Galaxy J2.
This is the complete guide to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy J2. If you have any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section.