Google Duo is one of the most popular video chat apps available, which is free to use and offer end-to-end encryption. People are using it to connect with their family and friends, participate in courses, or attend online classes. It is available for Android, iOS, web, and now according to a recent blog post, Google Duo is now available for Android TV too. You can check the below steps to Install Google Duo on Android TV.
Most people video chat and conference through their smartphones but video chat with family, friends, and colleagues over big TV screens will be a lot more comfortable. Google Duo on Android TV will allow you to initiate one-on-one and group calls from your TV. If your Android TV doesn’t have a built-in camera, you can plug in a USB camera for the video calls.
The integration of Google Duo with Android TV will be coming in a few weeks. However, if you have an Android TV and want to try out the feature now, then you need to download the latest version of the Google Duo and sideload it on your smart TV. Check how to install Google Duo on Android TV from below.
Download Google Duo for Android TV
Google Duo for Android TV is currently not available for the TV Playstore, but it will be available soon. Until then, you need to download Google Duo apk for Android TV from websites like APKMirror or APKpure.
- Android TV with webcam and built-in microphone,
- If your TV doesn’t have a built-in camera, then use a separate USB web camera for TV.
- File explorer app like Solid Explorer or ES File Explorer must be installed on the TV.
How to Install Google Duo on Android TV
- Download the latest Google Duo app from above.
- Now transfer the Google Duo apk file to Android TV. You can sideload APKs from your PC with ADB, by using a USB drive or by using an app like Send files to TV. For more details, you can follow this guide to sideload apps on Android TV.
- Download and install any File Manager like ES File Explorer or Solid Explorer (on Android TV) from Play Store and open it.
- Browse Google Duo that you downloaded from above and tap on it to install it on your Android TV.
- Finally, open Google Duo to enjoy the video chat on a larger screen.
Video chat options on TVs are relatively rare. But Google Duo makes it possible, and it is completely ready for the TV experience. The UI on TV looks great, call quality is excellent, and the video looks really great. You should try Duo on your Android TV right now; you are going to love it.