Most of us receive lots of notifications on our phones on a daily basis. These notifications will stay at your notification drawer, and most of the time, users dismissed these notifications without reading them. But is it possible to retrieve old notifications even if they have removed from the notifications bar? Yes, no matter if you have accidentally dismissed notifications or swipe them in a hurry. There are few ways available with that you can easily view notification history on Android smartphones.
These dismissed notifications are not lost forever. They’re stored in the system’s Notification Log. However, it is not easily accessible, and you cannot view this log in the main settings app but once enable, you can view your notification history on Android.
Most of the device with the stock version of Android has built-in access to those dismissed notifications. Also, there are third-party apps available which open notification log to see old notifications in Android. In both cases, you won’t be able to access the notifications you have dismissed before turning on the feature. So if you ended up dismissing something important, then follow the below steps to access notification log on Android.
How to View Notification History on Android Smartphone
There are a couple of ways to read old notifications that you have cleared. The first method involves an official setting, and the other one can be accessed with a third party app. Here we share both ways in detail, so check the below steps on to view Notification History on Android smartphones.
Method 1: View dismissed notifications with Android Widget
Pixel or stock Android users can easily access dismissed notifications by customizing a special widget called Notification Log. Check the below steps to enable notification logs widget on Android device.
- Unlock your device and long-press anywhere on the home page.
- From the lower part of the screen, choose Widgets.
- Scroll down and select Settings Shortcut.
- Long-press the setting shortcut icon and drag it to your home screen.
- A list of features will open; find the Notification Log listed there. Tap on the widget, and you’ll be granted access to your old notifications.
Method 2: Access Notification History with a third-party app
The first method isn’t so user-friendly. It will show you a brief snippet of information and a line of codes when you clicked on dismissed notifications. It will show all the intricate details of the notifications. There are few apps available that can let you view past notifications you received in a more straightforward manner.
- Open the Google Play Store on your Android device and install the Notification History Log app on your device.
- Once the app is installed, launch it.
- The app will ask for permission to access your notifications.
- Tap Allow to get full control over your past notifications.
How to Check Notification History in Android 11
Google implements notification management tweaks and makes it much easier for you to check notifications history on Android 11. Until now, the feature remains hidden, but the newer version of Android added this option in the settings menu. The notification Log got a visual revamp to make it more user friendly. Check the below steps to access notification history in Android 11.
- Open phone Settings on your phone.
- Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Notifications.
- Click on Notification History.
- Now enable it to turn on the feature.
You never have to worry about losing a crucial piece of information by dismissing a notification. No matter which device you are using a stock Android or a non-stock version, you can always view the notification history of all the dismissed notifications with the above methods.