WhatsApp has gradually emerged as one of the most popular messaging apps all over the world. People use it to connect with friends and family or with colleagues for exchanging texts, documents, media, and more. However, from the whole bunch of messages on Whatsapp, it is very difficult to find the important ones to view. Still, you can Bookmark WhatsApp messages to find them easily.
WhatsApp has a feature called ‘Starred Messages,’ which allows you to save important messages and read them later. This feature allows you to mark a message as Starred and view it in the Starred area instead of having to look for it within the chat, which can take a long time. Below is a step-by-step process to bookmark important messages on WhatsApp.
How to Bookmark WhatsApp messages
To bookmark specific WhatsApp messages, tap and hold the message you wish to save, then click the Star button. The procedures to star a message on WhatsApp are as follows.
- On WhatsApp, open the conversation where you have the message that you need to mark as important.
- Select the message you want by long pressing on it.
- You will now notice a star icon on the upper side of the screen. Just tap on it to bookmark the message on WhatsApp.
How to View a Starred Message on WhatsApp
All starred messages are placed in the Starred Messages folder, which can be accessed by selecting the Starred Messages folder from the three dots menu. You have the option of seeing these messages individually or all at once.
- Open WhatsApp and click on the three-dot menu on the top right corner of the screen.
- In the drop-down menu you will see an option for “Starred Messages”.
- Tapping on this will show you all your starred messages across contacts and conversations.
- To check the WhatsApp starred messages from a particular chat, open the conversation, clicking on the profile photo of the contact, and then scrolling down to the “Starred Message” option under their profile.
How to Unstar a message on WhatsApp
This is as simple as starring a message. You need to tap and select the message you want to unstar. You will see an option to unstar it.
- Now tap and hold the starred message.
- Then tap on ‘unstar’. Doing so will un-star the message.
- Removing the star won’t delete the message.
Wrapping Up: Starred WhatsApp Message
This is the complete guide to bookmark a important message on WhatsApp. Bookmarking a message on WhatsApp is not only helpful but also save lots of your time. You can use it for retrieving your special message from the huge message library.