Adding emergency information on the Android lock screen could be a lifesaver for many people. The emergency info will be very helpful in cases of an accident, if someone finds you unconscious or if you are unable to speak for any reason. If you add emergency information on Android lock screen, then in case of such emergency first responder, a helpful stranger, or a cop could view your emergency information and call directly from the lock screen.
Most of the Android devices have an option to add emergency contact info from the phone’s settings or in the contacts app. You can add a link to personal emergency info to your Android phone lock screen, like your blood type, allergies, medical condition, or emergency phone number. Follow the below guide to Add Emergency Information on Android Lock Screen.
How to Add Emergency Information on Android Lock Screen
Many Android devices have an option to add emergency contact information option in the About phone of phone’s setting. However, different brand has different locations. Here we share all ways to add and show emergency information on Android lock screen.
1) Show Emergency Info on Android Phones (Oneplus, Pixel, Motorola, etc.)
In most cases, this method will work. If you have any device, first try this setting and set up your emergency information. Check the below steps to add emergency info on Pixel or Stock (and custom ROMs) Android Phones.
- Open your phone’s Settings.
- Tap About phone and open Emergency information (In some cases, you can find this option here: settings -> Users and Accounts -> Emergency Information).
- Now edit your medical information and add emergency contacts.
- You can also add your name, address, blood type, allergies, medications, medical notes, and contacts.
- To clear or remove the emergency information, tap on the three-dot menu on the top right, and tap Clear all.
2) Add emergency contact info on Samsung Device
Setting up emergency details on Samsung devices is quite easy. Samsung users can find the option in the Phone app. In the Contacts tab, you’ll find the emergency section where you can enter your medical conditions, blood group, or allergies.
- Open the Contacts app on your device.
- Go to My card, and you will find two options Medical Info and emergency contacts.
- Open Medical Info and add your medical condition, allergies, blood group, and current medical condition.
- Now go back and your emergency contacts.
- Now in case of emergency, anyone can access your emergency contacts and Medical Info from the lock screen -> Emergency -> Emergency information -> Medical Info/Emergency contacts.
3) Add Emergency Contacts on Huawei smartphone
Similar to the Samsung phone, Huawei also has an option to add an emergency contact option in the Phone app. Check How to add emergency contacts to your Huawei smartphone from below.
- Open the Contacts app on your device.
- Go to My Card (My profile) and open Emergency Information.
- Now add your personal information, emergency contacts, and all your medical information.
- You can access these details from your lock screen -> Emergency and then Emergency Information.
4) Adding Emergency Info on Redmi/Mi Device
Like other OEMs, Mi or Redmi device has a dedicated option to add emergency info from the phone’s setting where you can input various emergency info about yourself, medical details, and emergency contacts. Check the below steps to add emergency contact on Redmi or Mi devices.
- Go to Phone settings.
- Select the lock screen and password.
- Go to advanced settings.
- Select Lock screen information and add the necessary information there.
- Once completed, your personalized message or contact details will appear on your lock screen at all times.
How to view your emergency information
Adding emergency information on an Android device is an easy task; accessing it during an actual emergency is much easier. To view the emergency contact information on Android, swipe up on the lock screen and then tap Emergency (Twice). Check the below steps to access emergency information from Android lock screen.
- From the lock screen, swipe up.
- Tap Emergency.
- Now tap Emergency information.
- Tap that same button again.
- If a person has entered the emergency information, then you should find the details.
- If the emergency contacts are listed, you can also call them from the lock screen without unlocking the phone.
How to Add Emergency Info on Android Lock Screen using Third-Party App
If your specific device isn’t listed above and you want to add medical info on your device lock screen, you can use third-party apps like ICE, Medical ID, etc. These apps can include data like your blood type, allergies, and current medications as a widget on your locked screen. So if you don’t have built-in emergency functions on your phone, then follow the below steps.
- Download and install Medical ID or ICE (In case of emergency) on your device.
- Open the app and give all necessary permissions.
- Now enter all details you want to show on your lock screens such as allergic reactions, medications, blood type, and emergency contacts.
- If the app prompts the app to add a Medical ID/ICE banner/icon/widget on your lock screen, Grant it.
- Done! You can navigate to your passcode screen to see your filled emergency info.
Setting up emergency information on your Android lock screen will take only a few minutes, but this could save your life in case of an emergency. Make sure you and your family have emergency medical information and contact numbers readily available.