Here we share a guide to Download and Install LineageOS 17.1 ROM on your Android devices. LineageOS is the most popular third-party ROM out for those that want to sideload Android builds on their own devices. The latest LineageOS 17.1 is based upon Android 10 and available officially. You can Download Android 10 based LineageOS 17.1 for all Android devices.
The new LineageOS 17.1 offers all of the Android 10 features with additions such as a partial screenshot functionality, on-screen fingerprint sensors support, pop-up, and rotating cameras, Wi-Fi Display, the successor to the CyanogenMod Theme Engine, Lineage Recovery, and many smaller changes. Download and Install LineageOS 17.1 ROM on your Android devices from below
This method to install LineageOS 17.1 ROM on Android devices is not device-specific. If a LineageOS 17.1 ROM is available for your device, then you can use this guide. To install LineageOS 17.1 on your Android device, all you need is a rooted device with a custom TWRP recovery, Android 10 Gapps and LineageOS 17.1 ROM for your device. You can find step by step guide to Install and Download Android 10 based LineageOS 17.1 for all Android devices.
LineageOS 17.1 Features:
- A new partial screenshot UI was implemented that lets you hand select smaller parts of your screen and edit the screenshots. So, feel free to go give it a “shot”!
- We know many of you have been waiting for news on themes since the CyanogenMod Theme Engine’s deprecation in CyanogenMod 13.0, and those of you in this boat are in for a treat!
- AOSP’s new ThemePicker app was adapted to have the range of accents you’ve become used to with our old implementation, Styles.
- We also opted to enable support for font change, icon shape (both QuickSettings and Launcher) and icon style changes (eg. changing the style of the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth icons).
- Trebuchet has long been able to hide apps from the Launcher and protect them with a passcode/password, but now you can also use your biometric sensor to authenticate as well!
- October, November, December 2019 and January, February, March 2020 security patches have been merged.
- Builds are currently based on the android-10.0.0_r31 tag, which is the Pixel 4/4 XL’s tag.
- Wi-Fi display is available once again.
- Support for on-screen fingerprint sensors (FOD) has been added.
- Support for pop-up and rotating cameras has been added.
- Support for Australian English, Lithuanian, Latvian, Dutch, Romanian, Slovenian, Serbian and Turkish spell checking has been added to AOSP keyboard.
- AOSP keyboard available emojis have been updated to Emoji 12.0.
- WebView has been updated to Chromium 80.0.3987.132.
Download Android 10 based LineageOS 17.1 for all Android devices
- Download LineageOS 17.1 ROM – Download
How to Install LineageOS 17.1 ROM on your Android phone
1) First, download and install a custom recovery. If you already had a custom recovery installed on your device then skip this step.
2) Download the LineageOS 17.1 ROM and save it on your device.
3) Now Boot your device into Recovery mode by press and hold “Volume Down+Power Button” (It may differ from your device).
4) Now you will enter into recovery mode. Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
5) Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
6) Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, Flash the GApps zip file (Optional).
7) Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
This is the complete guide to Install LineageOS 17.1 ROM on your Android phone. Let us know if you have any questions via the comments below.