The latest Android 12 beta update for TCL 20 Pro 5G is now available. The latest Android update brings with it a bunch of new features and privacy updates. The latest Developer Preview updates are already out and available for Pixel, Asus, and Xiaomi smartphones. TCL also partnered with Google and brings the latest Android 12 beta update for TCL 20 Pro 5G.
TCL 20 Pro 5G Android 12 beta update brings the revamp material design but some features may still be under development. The update may not be available via OTA so if you are interested and want to update TCL 20 Pro 5G to Android 12, then follow the below steps to Download and Install Android 12 beta on TCL 20 Pro 5G.
- Cannot set screen lock.
- Will auto disconnect after pair BT device, so cannot use the Bluetooth function.
- Will popup “Wireless emergency alerts FC” when press “Wireless emergency alerts” in the “Safety & emergency” screen.
- Wi-Fi cannot connect to VPN AP.
- “Tap to wake” function cannot work.
- Network may register to 3G default, and after select LTE network mode, it can register to 4G. 5G is unavailable.
- Sometimes cannot display thumbnail after capture.
- Cannot display thumbnail after record video and cannot view record video，photos not display videos.
- Will display no network icon after turn off mobile data.
- The Brightness level display 0% as default, and after display abnormal when user adjust it.
Download Android 12 Beta for TCL 20 Pro 5G
The Android 12 Beta build is available for TCL 20 Pro 5G. Once you download the ROM, you can flash it via Local OTA Update. Download Android 12 Beta for TCL 20 Pro 5G from below.
- Download Android 12 ROM for TCL 20 Pro 5G – Download
- Download TCL USB Driver – Download
- Download TPST Tool – Download
- Download T810_Model_DLL_Setup – Download
- The update will wipe your device completely. It is highly recommended that you back up your phone data before proceeding.
- Keep in mind that this is an early access build, which means there will be bugs and software issues, and it could brick your device.
- Charge your device to 60- 70% to prevent it from the accidental shutdown.
How to Install Android 12 beta on TCL 20 Pro 5G
You can easily Install Android 12 beta on TCL 20 Pro 5G via Local OTA Update. To flash Android 12 beta ROM on TCL 20 Pro 5G, you also need to have a Windows PC.
- Download TCL PST Tool (TPST), TCL USB Driver, and T810 DLL setup from above and Install it on your PC.
- Download TCL Android 12 Beta firmware from the above.
- Run TPST Tool and click the “Load” menu and select the mode T810 to load it.
- Connect your device to the PC via USB cable.
- Boot your device into Download mode by turning off your device and long press Volume up and Volume down at the same time, when See warning screen, release Volume down to switch to download mode.
- The tool will detect the COM port.
- Click the “Refurbish” button in the TPST tool to enter the feature
- Click the “Browse” button, it will pop up a window, you can select an SW file to download.
- In the “Select Software image file” screen, select the firmware file and click OK.
- Select “XML LOG”, and click “Browse” to select a new XML log directory to save it.
- Click the “Start Refurbish” button
- Wait a few minutes, you can see as follows, Download success.
This is the easiest way to Download and Install Android 12 beta on TCL 20 Pro 5G. If you flashed Android 12 to your TCL 20 Pro 5G, let us know your experience with this update.