Asus recently brings the Android 12 beta update for the Asus Zenfone 8. The latest Zenfone 8 update brings a bunch of new features and privacy updates. Since Android 12 Beta is an early build, there will be bugs and software problems, making it unsuitable for everyday use. If you update your device and facing issues or don’t like the update for any reason, then you can easily revert Zenfone 8 to a lower version. You can follow the below guide to Downgrade Asus Zenfone 8 From Android 12 to Android 11.
Android 12 is still in the development stage and might contain bugs, thus would not be as stable as the regular stable version for daily usage. With this update Asus is looking to get the feedback from the users (for potential bugs and reporting them) for faster development and release of the stable Android 12 update. However, if you feel that the update isn’t yet polished enough for your daily usage, then you can downgrade your Zenfone 8 back to stable Android 11 software.
- Downgrading Zenfone 8 to Android 11 will wipe your device completely. It is highly recommended that you back up your phone data before proceeding.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- To avoid an unwanted shutdown in the middle of the operation, make sure your phone is at least 50% charged.
Download Asus Zenfone 8 Rollback Package
If you want to roll back Asus Zenfone 8 from Android 12 to Android 11, then Download Asus Zenfone 8 Rollback Package from below.
- Download Zenfone 8 Android 11 image file – Download
How to Downgrade Asus Zenfone 8 From Android 12 to Android 11
To Downgrade Zenfone 8 From Android 12 to Android 11, all you need a stable Zenfone 8 Android 11 image file and a computer with a working USB cable to connect your device to the computer. Follow below steps to downgrade Zenfone 8 to Android 11.
- Download Android 11 image file for Zenfone 8 from above and extract it.
- Boot your device into fastboot mode by hold down the Power and Volume Up buttons until the device reboots.
- Connect your Zenfone 8 to your PC via a USB cable.
- Now run the below script to flash stable Android 11 on Zenfone 8.
- Windows – If you are using Windows then Double click the update_image.bat file.
- Ubuntu – If you are using Ubuntu then Execute update_image.sh.
- MacOS – If you are using Mac then Execute update_image_for_mac.sh.
- Now, wait until the process completes.
- When the flash update finishes, a ‘Download Complete’ message will appear on the terminal.
- Hit the Enter key on the keyboard to restart your Zenfone 8.
This is the easiest way to Downgrade Asus Zenfone 8 From Android 12 to Android 11. If you have any questions, let us know that in the comments below. Stay connected with us via Facebook and Twitter to read more such helpful posts.