It is said that Android device and Mac are not the perfect partners, because you cannot access your Android device on Mac with a USB cable. Identically, you cannot transfer files between them directly. So, is there a way to achieve the transfer?
It’s high time to get Android file transfer solutions for Mac. They can help you connect Android to Mac and finish the transmission without effort. Let’s check them below.
Solution 1: MobiKin
System requirements: Mac OS X 10.9 or later, Android OS 4.0 or above
Size: 9.6 MB
Latest version: 3.12.7 (12/22/2020)
MobiKin Assistant for Android (Mac version) is the ideal Android file transfer tool. If you use it, you will know how easy it is to transfer, back up, and restore files between Android and Mac. It supports almost all Android file types and can export data from Android to Mac in HTML, XML, CSV, and more formats.
Main features of MobiKin:
- Selectively export and import files on Mac for Android.
- Back up all Android files to Mac in 1 click.
- Restore the backup files from Mac to Android without hassle.
- Work with contacts, call logs, text messages, photos, videos, and so on.
- Allow you to send and reply to SMS on Mac.
- Support USB and Wi-Fi connections between Android and Mac.
How to transfer Android files on Mac with MobiKin?
- Download and install it on the Mac computer.
- Launch it and connect your Android device to Mac using a USB cable.
- Choose the category you want and select Android files on the interface. Then you can transfer files with the “Export” and “Import” icons.
Solution 2: AirDroid
System requirements: Android OS 4.0 or upper
Size: 38 MB
Latest version: 188.8.131.52
AirDroid enables you to transfer files across various platforms. So, you can solve the transfer between Android and Mac with it. There is no need for USB cables but your email account or scanning the QR code. Even if you don’t want to register an account, you can use AirDroid with the same Wi-Fi network on both devices.
Main features of AirDroid:
- Wirelessly transfer media files like photos, music, APK files, etc., between Android and Mac.
- Mirror Android to Mac via Wi-Fi.
- Remotely control your Android device on Mac.
- Allow you to chat with your friends.
- Track your phone and erase data by enabling the Find Phone feature.
How to transfer files between Android and Mac via AirDroid?
- Download and install this app on your handset.
- Sign up for an account and open AirDroid web on Mac.
- Sign in with the same account and you can start transferring files.
Solution 3: Android File Transfer
System requirements: Mac OS 10.7 or higher
Size: About 5 MB
This Android File Transfer software, created by Google, is a bridge to help you browse and transfer files between Mac and Android. There is only the transfer function on it. So, please don’t expect to find other highlights from it.
How to copy files between Android and Mac with Android File Transfer?
- Download it on Mac.
- Drag it to Applications for installation.
- Connect your Android device to the Mac computer with a USB cable, and you can drag and drop files between Android and Mac now.
How to fix Android File Transfer not working on Mac?
In case Android File Transfer cannot properly detect or connect to your device, what can you do? Learn about the repair skills below, and you can fix it easily.
- Replace your old USB cable and use the new cable to connect your Android device to the Mac computer. If feasible, it has been fixed.
- Check whether you install Samsung Kies and Samsung Smart Switch on Mac. Please uninstall them if installed.
- Reinstall Android File Transfer, or update it.
- Reboot your MacBook.
- Make sure you select the “MTP” or “File transfer” option when connecting.
Solution 4: Pushbullet Portal
System requirements: Android OS 5.0 or above
Size: 6.8 MB
Latest version: 1.3.3
Pushbullet Portal can get your pictures, movies, songs and other files from your Mac computer onto your phone over Wi-Fi. Furthermore, it will automatically store the pictures to the Android phone’s Gallery app. However, it supports one-way transmission only. Therefore, you can’t copy your Android files to Mac.
Main features of Pushbullet Portal:
- Transfer Mac files to Android via drag and drop.
- Save files to the removable SD card if the phone OS is Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or later.
- There is no limit to the size of the transmitted data.
How to copy files from Mac to Android with Pushbullet Portal?
- Install and open the Portal app on your Android device.
- Browse its webpage on Mac. Then you can see a QR code.
- Tap the “Scan” on Android to scan the QR code for connection. Next, you can drag the Mac files to the window. The app will transfer them to your Android phone.
Solution 5: Google Drive
System requirements: Mac OS 10.12 or upper, Android OS 5.0 or higher
Size: Varies by devices
Latest version: Varies by devices
Google Drive is an Android file transfer solution on Mac with cloud storage. With your Google account, you have 15 GB of free storage space on Google. So, you can synchronize your files between Android and Mac at any time.
Main features of Google Drive:
- Upload your files to cloud space.
- Help you view the uploaded content offline.
- Help you find files fast with the intelligent search.
- Allow you to manage your files with renaming, removing, copying, moving, and more.
- Support for creating new folders.
How to sync data between Mac and Android using Google Drive?
- Visit the Google Drive website on Mac and sign up for an account.
- Download and install it on Android. Then log in with the account you signed up for just now.
- To transfer files, you can upload what you want from the phone or the computer, and then download them on another device.
Do these Android file transfer solutions for Mac fill your demands? Each of them can securely send data on Mac and Android. Thus, you may rest assured that they will complete your transfer order with high quality. If you have other useful ways, please don’t forget to share them with us in the comments part.