Today we share How to Unlock Bootloader of LG Q6. The phone comes with a locked bootloader. But you can easily unlock bootloader of How to Unlock Bootloader of LG Q6 with few simple steps. Unlocking the bootloader allows you to root your phone, install a custom recovery, flash custom Kernels, ROMs, MODs, etc. Check below steps to Unlock Bootloader of LG Q6.
If you want to root, install a custom recovery or a custom ROM, then you’ll need to Unlock Bootloader of LG Q6 first. While unlocking LG Q6 bootloader, it’s important to remember that an unlocked bootloader is unsecured and your personal information will not safe as before. Also, Unlocking LG Q6 bootloader will wipe all your phone data, so make sure you have a full backup of your LG Q6 data before you proceed. Check the below steps to Unlock Bootloader of LG Q6.
Unlocking LG Q6 bootloader is very simple, all you need is working PC, original USB cable, configure ADB and Fastboot, and entering few simple commands. Follow the below step by step guide to unlock bootloader of LG Q6.
BENEFITS OF UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON LG Q6
- You can Root LG Q6 after unlocking its bootloader.
- You can Flash custom recoveries like TWRP.
- Having bootloader unlocked allows flashing custom kernels and custom ROM on LG Q6.
- You can flash System/Factory Image.
- It helps you to recover from bootloop.
- LG Q6 device
- USB cable and working PC
- ADB and Fastboot Driver installed
- This method only works on LG Q6.
- It will wipe your data so take a complete backup before proceeding.
- A battery should be 50-60% to prevent accidental shut down.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise, you may brick your device. We Guidegeekz.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone.
HOW TO UNLOCK BOOTLOADER OF LG Q6
1) Before proceeding, make sure ADB and fastboot are installed. (Check ADB and Fastboot Driver for LG Q6)
2) Enable USB debugging and OEM Unlock option to Unlocked Bootloader of LG Q6. For that –
- Go to Settings> About Device.
- Scroll down and tap on Build number 7 times.
- Developer mode has been enabled on your device.
- Now find USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking and Enable it.
3) Connect your LG Q6 to PC and open command window on the PC by –
- Go to Minimal ADB and fastboot folder.
- Press and hold ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in the folder.
- Now click on Open command window here.
4) Now check if your device connected correctly or not by passing below command. If it gives you output serial, then it’s connected otherwise check your device driver.
5) Now Boot LG Q6 into bootloader mode using the following command –
adb reboot bootloader
6) Once your phone boot into fastboot mode. Enter the following command to unlock bootloader of LG Q6 –
fastboot oem unlock
7) If you see a screen asking if you want to unlock the bootloader, then allow by using the volume up button to scroll and the Power button to highlight yes. (You won’t see this option on every phone)
8) The bootloader of your device is now unlocked. Now reboot your device by issue the following command –
9) Done! Your device is now rebooting into the system with bootloader unlocked.
This is the easiest way to Unlock Bootloader of LG Q6. If you have any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section.