Here we discuss How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro. Many Galaxy C9 Pro users are already looking for a method to root Galaxy C9 Pro and install TWRP recovery on it. TWRP Recovery helps you to Install a Custom ROM or kernel on your device. To install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro, first, you need Unlocked Bootloader of Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro. Those who bought C9 Pro and looking for a root method can follow our step-by-step guide to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy C9 Pro.
After flashing TWRP Recovery on Galaxy C9 Pro, you can install custom ROMs, flash a custom kernel, take a nandroid backup, install rooted apps and flash supersu to root Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro. Installing a custom recovery on Samsung C9 Pro will wipe the stock recovery and replace it with a new one. Follow below steps to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy C9 Pro.
To Root and Install TWRP Recovery on C9 Pro, you need TWRP Recovery file, Odin, and SuperSu. All you have to do is place the recovery file on Odin Tool and flash it. The device is a powerful phone with top-notch specs and the device is good enough root and installs custom ROM in it. So Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro to explore the power of your device.
Before You Begin
- This method is only for Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro. Don’t try this on any other device.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise, you may brick your device. We Guidegeekz.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- Charge your device to 60- 70% to prevent it for the accidental shutdown.
- Take a complete backup of everything important.
- Download Odin for Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro – Download
- TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro (C900F/Y) (c9lte) – Download
- TWRP Recovery for Galaxy C9 Pro (China) (c9ltechn) – Download
- Download SuperSu to Root Samsung C9 Pro – Download
How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro
FLASH TWRP RECOVERY ON SAMSUNG C9 PRO
1) First, Enable USB debugging and OEM Unlock option to Unlocked Bootloader of C9 Pro. For that –
- Go to Settings> About Device.
- Scroll down and tap on Build number 7 times.
- Developer mode has been enabled on your device.
- Now find USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking and Enable it.
2) Download TWRP Recovery for C9 Pro and save it on your device.
3) Now Download the Odin from above and extract the zip file.
4) Run the Odin file on your PC.
5) Connect your device via data cable to your PC and reboot it into Download/Odin mode.
6) To enter Samsung C9 Pro into download mode –
- Turn off your phone.
- Press and hold the Home + Volume Down + Power
- You see the warning screen, Press Volume Up to continue.
7) In Download mode, ID: COM port turned blue and added message appears in Odin message box if your device is recognized by Odin.
8) If ID: COM doesn’t turn blue means the device driver is not correctly installed or USB cable may be faulty.
9) Now click on AP/PDA tab and select the TWRP file .tar.
10) Make sure that only F.Reset Time is enabled. (disable Auto-Reboot).
11) Click on Start button to start the flashing process. Wait until you see the Pass message on your Odin screen.
12) Done! Now boot directly into TWRP mode by Hold Volume Down + Home + Power to get out of Download mode and immediately swap to Volume Up when the screen blanks.
ROOT SAMSUNG Galaxy C9 PRO
1) You are in TWRP mode now follow below steps to Root C9 Pro.
2) At first boot, it will ask you if you want to allow system modifications, Don’t tap on anything swipe right.
3) Now download SuperSu from above and transfer it to your device via MTP without leaving TWRP.
4) Now click on Install button and select SuperSu to Root Samsung C9 Pro.
5) Swipe to flash supersu.
6) Done Reboot! You successfully Root C9 Pro.
This is the complete guide to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro. If you have any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section.