Here we discuss How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on LG Q6. Many Android users preferred rooted device as you will gain full access and control of the Android system that runs on your device. After rooting, you can remove the bloatware/Pre-installed system apps, install apps that need root permission, improve the battery life, and various tweaks and customizations. If you are an LG Q6 user and looking for rooting guide, then follow our step-by-step guide to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on LG Q6.
After flashing TWRP Recovery on LG Q6, you can install custom ROMs, flash a custom kernel, take a nandroid backup, install rooted apps and flash supersu to Root LG Q6. Installing a custom recovery on LG Q6 will wipe the stock recovery and replace it with a new one. Follow below steps to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on LG Q6.
To Root and Install TWRP Recovery on LG Q6 all you need is a device with an unlocked bootloader, ADB and fastboot driver, TWRP, and SuperSu file. All you have to do is place few simple fastboot commands on the command line. You can check below steps to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on LG Q6.
Before You Begin
- This method is only for LG Q6. Don’t try this on any other device.
- A device with an unlocked bootloader is required.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise, you may brick your device. We Guidegeekz.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- Charge your device to 60- 70% to prevent it for the unexpected shutdown.
- Take a complete backup of everything important.
- ADB and Fastboot Drivers
- TWRP for LG Q6
- dm-verity and force encryption disabler.
- SuperSu to Root LG Q6
ROOT AND INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON LG Q6
INSTALL TWRP ON LG Q6
1) First Enable USB debugging and OEM Unlock option to install TWRP recovery on LG Q6. For that –
- Go to Settings> About Device.
- Scroll down and tap on Build number 7 times.
- Developer mode has been enabled on your device.
- Now find USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking and Enable it.
2) Connect your LG Q6 to PC and open command window on the PC by –
- Go to Minimal ADB and fastboot folder.
- Press and hold ‘shift’ key and right-click anywhere in the folder.
- Now click on Open command window here.
3) Now check if your device connected correctly or not by passing below command. If it gives you output serial, then it’s connected otherwise check your device driver.
4) Now Boot LG Q6 into bootloader mode by pressing Volume down + Power button or by using the following command –
adb reboot bootloader
5) Now place the TWRP recovery on adb folder and rename it to recovery.img.
6) Enter the following command to install TWRP on LG Q6 –
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
7) Done! It will flash latest TWRP recovery on LG Q6.
8) After flashing TWRP On your phone, unplug the USB cable and power it off by taking out the battery and putting it back in. (Follow the below steps right after this step)
DISABLE FORCED ENCRYPTION & ROOT LG Q6
1) Now Boot your device into TWRP by –
- Hold Volume Down + Power until you see the LG logo
- Temporarily release the POWER button, immediately pressing and holding it back down until you see the prompt white screen without leaving Vol down button.
- Use the hard keys to select “YES” and then “YES” again to boot into TWRP on LG Q6.
2) In TWRP, go to Wipe > Format Data. This will wipe the automatically encrypted filesystem, and decrypt it.
3) Now reboot back into recovery by Go to Reboot > Recovery.
4) Connect your phone to the PC and Enable MTP under the Mount section in TWRP and move Dm-variety disabler and Supersu from above and save it on your device.
5) In TWRP, Tap on Install and select ‘no-verity-opt-encrypt-2.1.zip’. Now flash the file by ‘Swipe to confirm Flash’ button on the bottom of the screen.
6) Repeat the same process as in step 5 to flash SuperSu to Root LG Q6.
3) Done! reboot your device.
4) Above step will Root LG Q6.
5) Done! Enjoy your root.
This is the easiest way to Root and Install TWRP on LG Q6. If you have any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section.